VOLUNTEER AT ALLAIRE VILLAGE!
Allaire Village, Inc. has been primarily a volunteer organization since its founding over 50 years ago. It requires many volunteers to operate the Historic Village at Allaire. This includes not only the historic interpreters and docents visitors meet in the homes and on the streets of the Howell Works Company property but volunteers who work behind the scenes as well. If you enjoy history and meeting people, and perhaps have a flair for theater, then you might enjoy becoming one of our Historic Interpreters. Perhaps you have a flair for sewing and would like to volunteer in our Costume department, or join our researchers as they delve into history researching everything from the Howell Works to the Allaire Family to customs and life in an early 19th Century Company Town. What ever your preference, we cannot present the programs we do without your help.
For Volunteer Inquiries and more information please call 732-919-3500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Internship opportunities are available throughout the year and are open to students seeking credit towards a degree. Students in the past have interned in fields such as Historical Research & Archiving, Museum Collections, Museum Program Coordinating, and Event Coordinating, to name a few. Those seeking internships for experience credentials are welcome to apply, but certain requirements must be met. Inquiries for applications and more information can be sent to email@example.com.
There are currently no positions available at The Historic Village at Allaire, or Allaire Village, Inc.
BECOME A MEMBER
Thank you for your interest in the Allaire Village, Inc. Membership Program. Allaire Village, Inc. has reviewed its Membership Program and made adjustments in keeping with the industry standards of other museums and historic sites. By doing so, we hope to provide increased benefits to our current and future members.
- Memberships are subject to renewal each year on the 1st of the month the member joined .
- All members who present their membership card are admitted to the buildings in the Historic Village at Allaire free of charge except during special fund-raising events.
- All other Memberships receive three guest passes.
- All Members receive a copy of our bi-annual publication, The Star, an historically informative newsletter providing valuable historic and site information.
- All Members receive first priority for advance ticket purchase to our Special Events.
- All Members receive invitations to advance viewings of our Exhibits.
- All members receive 10% off purchases at the Howell Works Company Store & Museum Gift Shop, excluding food.
Please make checks payable to Allaire Village, Inc. 4263 Atlantic Avenue Farmingdale, NJ 07727
Allaire Village, Inc. is licensed by the State of New Jersey to operate the 40 acre Historic Village at Allaire, the site of renowned marine engine manufacturer James P. Allaire's Howell Iron Works Company.
Allaire Village Inc. is able to present many fine quality educational and interpretive programs throughout the year, which are made possible by the support of private donations, membership dues, fund raising events, admission fees, patronage of our General Store and Bakery and through an operating support grant from the New Jersey Historical Commission, a division of the NJ Department of State.